This is the ideal opportunity for a finance / accounting leader to join a high-growth business with clear product-market fit within an industry ripe for disruption, and to have a full seat at the table influencing the strategy of the company.
Position reports to CEO, Christine Carrillo.
As the VP of Finance (reporting into the CEO-Founder), you will have responsibility to oversee the financial management of business including budgeting, accounting, financial modeling, strategic planning, treasury, tax, financial partner management, and reporting. Your primary goal will be to ensure the company has the resources and model to move forward with their aggressive growth targets.
Primary Areas of Responsibilities...
- Financial Strategy: Synchronize operating and financial strategy, ensure effective capital structure, manage to budget, and lead forecasting and strategic planning process.
- Capital Markets: Manage the process of raising equity and debt capital.
- Business Metrics / Reporting: Oversee all financial reporting to executives, directors & investors. Develop
- dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform strategy.
- Accounting: Establish systems suitable for a global consumer company with heavy consumer marketing factors, direct customer interaction, and software development concerns.
- Models: Develop real time models for a consumer mobile/web, as well as software company.
- Audit: Manage audit and quarterly reviews, and prepare materials for the audit committee. Interface with
- auditors on all requests.
- Treasury Management: Cash management and banking relationships.
- Risk Management: Manage insurance and liability strategies.
- Tax Planning: Manage ImpactHealth’s tax strategy for optimization.
- Systems: Oversight of ImpactHealth’s financial system and financial applications.
- Leadership: Lead the accounting and finance team.
- Legal: Support both corporate and litigious matters, and manage outside counsel.
- Administration: Oversee policies, procedures and administrative controls to run the organization.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of progressive finance/accounting experience at high-growth environments.
- Strong preference to a candidate who has experienced a PE or VC backed company, including exposure with investor / board level presentations.
- Experience in consumer web / mobile and software. This does not need to be your most current position, but a fair amount of time in industry is required.
- Equity and debt capital raising experience.
- Experience developing and implementing financial management and budget control systems.
- Experienced with deal structuring and contract negotiations.
- Experienced with ERP systems.
- Conversant in US GAAP accounting rules.
- Conversant in US tax structures.
- Experience with financial aspects of direct to consumer models including segmentation & targeting (CRM), acquisition & retention (LTV), pricing & revenue (RPU) and conversion reporting & analytics (KPI).
- Experience developing dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform strategy.
- Can work effectively in an emerging stage business; should still be hands-on and not require support staff to be
- Conversant in the companies transforming traditional consumer channels such as Uber, Airbnb, ZocDoc, Kayak, Jet, Dollar Shave Club, Bonobos, Everlane, Capser, Warby Parker, Harry’s, and others.
- Experience in an emerging company; strong preference to a candidate who has experienced an exit (M&A and/or IPO).
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA is highly preferred, but candidates without one are still in consideration. CPA is not required.