Most people would rather have a root canal than have to track down the best insurance plan to cover that root canal. That’s because the world of health insurance is byzantine and complicated and rarely puts the customer at the center of the process. At Impact Health, we want to change that. Our mission is to make buying health insurance online simple and transparent. Our web platform uses data and predictive modeling to provide consumers with real costs and help them choose the right plan to fit their needs and save money--all in just 5 minutes.
Impact Health is a TECHSTARS NYC accelerator company where we strive to work as servant leaders, obsessively focused on our customers. Having a positive culture and challenging the norms to achieve that culture is part of what excites us. Our customers and our employees are our highest priority--without our team, we can’t keep growing and innovating.
So, what kinds of people make our team work? They share certain core strengths that capture our company values:
- Judgment: You identify root causes and make wise decisions despite ambiguity. You focus on what must be done well now, and differentiate what can be improved upon later.
- Communication: You listen well without rushing to react. You are articulate and treat people with calm and respect, no matter their status or situation.
- Impact: You focus on consistently and efficiently doing work that yields great results.
- Curiosity: You seek to understand our strategy, market, and subscribers, and learn rapidly and eagerly.
- Innovation: You challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches.
- Courage: You take smart risks, make tough decisions, and question actions that conflict with our values.
- Passion: You care intensely about excellence and celebrate wins.
- Honesty: You are candid, direct, and quick to admit mistakes.
- Selflessness: You seek what is best for your colleagues and company.
If you see yourself here, we would love to get to know you better! We’re always looking for the next kickass person who could be a great fit for our rapidly growing team.
We are looking for someone who loves helping and keeping a team organized.
In health insurance, “customer success” is almost nonexistent. We are changing that. We are looking for a Customer Success Coordinator to facilitate that effort by supporting a team whose members deliver the kind of service that makes people’s day--treatment that’s helpful, knowledgeable, and warm. We’re always seeking to better understand and define what it means to deliver great customer support and are continually evolving our goals. Our team stays in close contact over Slack, Zoom, and with regular in-person and videoconference check-ins to track metrics and keep everyone motivated and accountable.
- You’re great at managing deadlines and multiple projects at once. No two days will ever be the same.
- You’re into details, and your written and verbal communication shows that.
- You’re analytical to the point where the absolution of numbers and data are comforting to you.
- You’re an excel wizard, you can create stories with pivot tables.
- You love helping your team solve problems. Every customer is different, and you are energized by helping the team solve problems and meet ever-emerging needs.
- You enjoy the freedom to set your own course. Impact Health’s team is rapidly expanding and you’ll be trusted to proactively grow and set Customer Success goals without constant monitoring.
What You’ll Do:
- Impact Health is a startup, so you’ll likely have your fingers in a lot of different pots. But here are some things you’ll get to do:
- Work closely with the Head of Customer Success and the Customer Success Director to provide support and project management for the customer success team.
- Create and maintain internal or customer reports as needed.
- Consolidate and transform data into comprehensible performance indicators.
- Responsible for learning and navigating all internal and external systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to dive head first into what ‘Customer Success’ means for Impact Health.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment thanks to your professionalism, problem-solving skills, attention to detail and skill at prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Genuine love and passion for customer service - you think of yourself as the customer’s champion, and you want to grow with a team that feels the same way.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience and/or internship experience.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary based on experience
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Pick your own equipment and keep it if you leave the company
- Unlimited paid vacation days
- Free lunch plan and healthy snacks
- Location:The team is based at our headquarters in Pasadena, CA. We also have a beachfront office paradise in Playa Del Rey, CA.