You will be tasked with reinventing an entirely new way of purchasing healthcare, which has the most passionate consumers of any category.
To do this effectively, you must be capable of leading and inspiring technology, product, design, and marketing teams to conceive, develop, scope, spec, build, and go-live with products that have a massive impact.
To be successful in the role, the Head of Product must...
- Be an expert in web/mobile product development and design.
- Liaise with enterprise partners (health plans and employers) to understand their unique needs and create novel
- solutions to address their challenges (eg: education, selection, plan support).
- Have (or gain) a deep understanding of the changing healthcare landscape.
- Inspire and lead teams across engineering, product, design and marketing.
- Prioritize projects across multiple development efforts and drive to set KPIs of time, cost, and quality.
- Manage decisions based on technical capabilities, customer/partner requests, build-vs-buy, competitive landscapes, etc.
- Constantly balance the need for innovation against current market values and resource constraints.
Some more details on the role...
- Scoping. Clearly articulate the product requirements. These requirements will be based on market-driven feedback from users / partners, your experience, and business requirements.
- Beta- and Post-Launch Measurement. Develop a real-time feedback loop to monitor products (features, design, usability). Ultimately leverage this feedback and integrate into a continuously improving experience. Manage internal programs (and vendors) to test the ImpactHealth platform / apps / online solutions’ usability. You will be responsible to create usability tests and oversee the evaluation and processing of the data.
- Product Customization / Segmentation. Create and release products based on rigorous attention to user behavior as evidenced by data. This requires a thorough testing approach to identify the most effective product (feature, functionality, version) for each user / audience. The strategy includes customer segmentation, understanding the needs of each segment, application of current and future products to each segment, and movement of the consumer through the stages.
- Project Management. Monitor and report on the status of all projects, ensuring deadlines and milestones are met. Set and meet aggressive product feature sets and timelines to increase the speed to market with product launches, while ensuring the highest levels of feature-richness and quality.
- Define the competitive marketplace. Be part of developing a corporate understanding of ImpactHealth’s business risks, competitive landscape, and industry-wide (or niche) opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally. Manage and work closely with the technology and sales/marketing groups to develop, scope, spec, build, and go-live with products based on technical capability and customers’ needs.
- Rapid Prototype / Speed. Develop a fast-paced organization/culture to prototype, test and release.
- Engineering partnership. Work with engineering and marketing teams in the definition of functional
- requirements and lead the design and execution of applications and products.
- Presentation. Work with the team to create/prepare presentations for Executive Team / Board representing user experience deliverables through presentation of design concepts.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years product experience at a consumer mobile/web company.
- You are still hands-on creating user stories and wireframes through the entire process influencing creative,
- design UI/UX, specs (eg: market, functional, technology specs), and workflows.
- Experience with Lean and Agile product development methods.
- Understanding of cloud technologies and leveraging big data.
- Exposure to production: creative, UI/UX design, product specs (including market requirement docs, functional /technology specs), production pipelines, and content management workflows
- Exposure to developing tools / features to increase or add customer usage / retention
- Experience with product aspects of direct to consumer models including segmentation & targeting (CRM),
- acquisition & retention (LTV), pricing & revenue (RPU) and conversion reporting & analytics (KPI).
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage heavy workload, providing visibility into the workflow and portfolio.
- Firm grasp on the interconnected relationship between product and engineering (and product and marketing)
- teams with strong thoughts on how best to manage projects / teams effectively.
- Experience developing dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform strategy.
- Can work effectively in an emerging stage business; should still be hands-on and not require support staff to be effective.
- Conversant in the companies transforming traditional consumer channels such as Uber, Airbnb, ZocDoc, Kayak, Jet, Dollar Shave Club, Bonobos, Everlane, Capser, Warby Parker, Harry’s, and others.
- EDUCATION: Ideal is both an engineering degree and MBA, but that is not required.